Welcome to the online home of the Grand Haven Main Street Downtown Development Authority (MSDDA), whose mission is to enhance a vibrant historic business district through a wide variety of marketing initiatives, which include community efforts and events, as well as public and private partnerships. We’re currently working to update and enhance our website, so please excuse any dead-end links or unfinished sections you may encounter while we’re progressing. Thank you for visiting.
INSIDE OUT—A Detroit Institute of Arts Exhibit in GH!
Taking place now through Thanksgiving, this self-guided walking tour features reproductions of fifteen notable pieces of art from the Detroit Institute of Arts’ (DIA) collection. We are thrilled to be selected as 1 of 2 cities in the state to pilot this exhibit outside the metro-Detroit area!
Maps are available here (online) or at businesses where art is on display
Click here: DIA_IO.2015.Grand Haven
Sign up to volunteer for the DIA Inside Out Exhibit!
Here’s how it works:
- We will provide you with information about the artwork and the artist (beyond what is displayed on the exhibit signs).
- Each docent is asked to review the material and be ready to share interesting facts with our visitors for about two minutes. Note cards are acceptable.
- Visitors will start at any of the 15 DIA I/O exhibit locations, pick up a walking map, listen to 2 minutes of information and then be directed to the next exhibit.
- Docents are welcome to bring a lawn chair or stool, as you may have waiting time between visitors.
- Time commitment: from 6-8 pm on Friday, October 2
Sign up with Volunteer Spot. Click the link below:
Read our latest news from Main Street here: Newsletter.2015.July