Downtown Grand Haven has a wide assortment of festivals and events year round! In January, there’s Wine About Winter, with local merchants showcasing art by Western Michigan artists, plus wines made by Lemon Creek Winery and other brands too. Later in the month, Winterfest offers all sorts of winter fun like sledding races, a polar plunge in the Grand River, snowboarding competitions and more!
Frozen in Time takes place in February, complete with live mannequins depicting movie themes in storefront windows throughout the district. In the summer, The Coast Guard Festival attracts people from far and wide. There are rides, food vendors, kids’ games and crafts, a 5k run and a wide range of other activities hosted by the festival.
Downtown shops spill out into the streets each August for the Annual Sidewalk Sales. In September and October, Grand Haven ArtWalk occurs, with nearly three weeks of art competitions, public block parties, kids and family activities, and private galas, to name a
few activities. Downtown Trick-or-Treating comes next, followed by Light Night and Friday Frenzy in November.
Whatever your taste, there’s bound to be a festival or event that will peak your interest in Downtown Grand Haven any time of the year!
- Mon 9/1/2014: Labor Day Bridge Walk
- Fri 9/5/2014: First Friday Gallery Walk
- Sun 9/7/2014: Sunday Art Market
- Fri 9/12/2014: Grand Haven Salmon Festival
- Wed 9/24/2014: Grand Haven ArtWalk
- Fri 10/3/2014: First Friday Gallery Walk
- Fri 10/10/2014: Grand Haven Ghost Tours
- Sat 10/25/2014: Haunted Museum and Zombie Walk
- Fri 10/31/2014: Downtown Trick or Treat
- Fri 10/31/2014: Residential Trick or Treat
- Fri 11/7/2014: First Friday Gallery Walk
- Fri 11/21/2014: Light Night
- Fri 12/5/2014: First Friday Gallery Walk
- Sat 12/6/2014: Grand Haven Jingle Bell Parade
- Thu 12/11/2014: Journey to Bethlehem